Saturday, February 5, 2011

PROGRESSING

I now have a neck, at least on the left side, anyway. I am starting to look more human.  I still have a lump on the left lower jaw, but that is getting better too.  Where I looked like I had four chins, it now looks more like three chins.  .So...that is making progress.

Today I cooked a pot of rice in the pressure cooker.  I used a 1/2 can of left-over tomato soup and a couple cutlets.  They all cooked in about six minutes and turned out pretty good.  I have eaten a good share of it and then some.

Last week I forgot to weigh myself.  I "weighed in" this morning.  I guess I lost about three pounds, mainly because I couldn't eat.  I hope that all that rice I ate doesn't put the pounds right back on.

It is colder here than it is in NY State and we are supposed to have rain tomorrow, with  possibly getting rain, ice, or snow on Monday.  Mother Nature is having a fine fling with Old Man Winter.  They are a lusty couple, they are. I hope the two of them get over their amorous ways soon.  Mother Nature is busy spawning and spinning-we just don't care for what she is delivering.

I read two books in two days. Now I have nothing to read.  I need to go back to the library and stock up on books.
*
AND HE SAW ALSO
A CERTAIN POOR WIDOW
PUTTING IN TWO MITES.
AND HE SAID
TRULY, I SAY TO YOU,
THIS POOR WIDOW,
HAS PUT IN MORE THAN ALL.
*
LUKE 21; 2-3
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

So happy to hear you are continuing to improve!!

I have had quite a busy day here with meetings, errands etc. I am tired this evening.

We are not expecting any precipitation but the temperatures the next couple of days are suppose to be bitterly cold again with wind chills well below zero.

We did have a little snow today but it did not amount to anything.

Praying you continue to improve.
Blessings, Alice