Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grief for someone

Today was a tragic day for someone.  Today a motorcyclist ran into the back of a pickup truck, and was propelled into a school bus and decapitated in front of 30 students.  The police say it was the worst thing they had ever seen and the students will have counseling tomorrow.  A motorcycle is not safe; it may be fun, but it isn't a safe machine.  I know that I have relatives that will not agree with me, but when you pull out of Wendy's and run into the back of a pickup, things are not going to end well, and didn't.  So there will be grief all the way around.

I got my appointment done and everything updated.  Maybe I can get a few things done tomorrow.  These appointments really cut into one's time.  I need time to go to the store and get my new b/p meds. and  stuff.  It has been gray all day and windy; it may rain a small amount during the night.  This area is still below normal in rain, which surprised me after the snow that we have had.

When I was coming out of Wendy's (not the same one) I had my signal lights on for a right turn, a small car slipped up on my right side and cut me off.  A little car and a big van would not be a happy marriage.  There was barely enough room for that small car to slip along side  and they had to see what they were doing.  Stupid.

This morning when I looked out my window I saw my neighbor hiding behind a tree trying to watch the guy next door moving out.  He watched the guy next door so I watched him.  Sort of a "I spy eye"kind of guy.  I have seen him watching my house at times...which is why I have self-protection.
*
FOR IN HIM WE LIVE, AND MOVE,
AND HAVE OUR BEING;
AS CERTAIN AS YOUR
OWN POETS HAVE SAID.
*
Acts 17:28

YESTERDAY
  IS ALREADY A DREAM
TOMORROW
IS ONLY A VISION
BUT,
TODAY, WELL LIVED
MAKES EVERY YESTERDAY
A DREAM OF HAPPINESS
AND EVERY
TOMORROW
A VISION OF HOPE.
*
UNKNOWN
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel!

I know what you mean about a lot of appointments cutting into your time. Seems like that here. I have a lot of things I want to get done and can't really get them started because of all the running all the time.

Well, after today I have a few days with no appointments so hopefully I can get some things done.

Please do be careful of your neighbors, they sound very strange.

Blessings, Alice