Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sleeping In Inn

This picture is from two years ago when I had a bumper crop, but the man who was helping me got most of it.  It was the spring of the year that I did such a lovely job on my arm/elbow.


I got up early because I woke up early, but then I went back to bed...just to get warm.  Generally the house is not too cold, but it was minus 2 degrees this morning.  Just across the river it was 8 degrees. The fellow  on the radio argued that he thought it was even colder than that, but they get their stats from the airport and have to go by the official temps.  I am looking forward to the week-end, awaiting the "warming."  I may even try to start some seeds.  If I do start some seeds I will probably start with some Banana Peppers.  I also love all kinds of radishes. We still have half of Feb. and all of March to get through, unless we have an early spring...and who can count on that.

I need to order an new carburetor for my Troy Tiller.  I bought the tiller in 1982 so it is vintage.  I had sent it to the garden center for a tune up and it was finally returned about three months later...after a hassle and a few threats...minus the carburetor.   Duh, where did it go...Duh, where did it go?  Probably on someone else's  tiller.  I looked at new tillers, but they are really pricy, so a new tiller is out of the question.  So...that is that.
*
GENTLE JESUS, MEEK AND MILD,
LOOK UPON A LITTLE CHILD;
PITY MY SIMPLICITY,
SUFFER ME TO COME TO THEE.
FAIN WOULD I THEE BE BROUGHT;
GRACIOUS LORD, FORBID IT NOT,
IN THE KINGDOM OF THY GRACE,
GIVE A LITTLE CHILD A PLACE.
*
BY WESLEY
*
The Lord will give
grace and glory.
*
Ps. 84:11

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel!

I woke up thinking about my garden this morning too. I just can't wait. I am waiting for my seed order to come in then will start seeds shortly there after.

I have counseling this morning then a few errands to run on the way home. Then I plan on getting Frank's hair cut and styled today and hopefully do some glazing this weekend on my ceramics.

Have a great day!
Love, Alice