Friday, February 11, 2011

Food and Angels

I'm tired of staying cooped up like an old chicken scratching around trying to decide what I want to eat other than what I can scratch up...other than soup, soup and more diet-type foods.  I wanted to get out among live humanity in spite of my hermit tendencies.  So...I paid a visit to one of my favorite places; the New China Restaurant.  Even so, I stuck to a diet friendly repast; easy on the carbs, milk instead of soda, and no desert.  I love sauteed mushrooms and shrimp so I did go back for small seconds.  Yes, it was all good and I get a senior discount 'cause I am silvery on top.  There was a time I  was asked if I were a senior citizen, but not anymore!  Lots of laughs on that!  Too many silver threads.

I am nippin' and snippin' my hair again...very carefully.  It is looking much better and I am slowly  getting it evened up and more presentable.  As the weather becomes more amiable I will start going back to the beauty shop and letting HER take big chunks out of my hair.  Sometimes she doesn' do much better than I did!

*
FOR TO HIS ANGELS
HE HAS GIVEN COMMAND
ABOUT YOU,
THAT THEY GUARD YOU
IN ALL YOU IN ALL
YOUR WAYS.
*
Ps. 90: 11
*

GUARDIAN ANGEL
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mabel,

Frank and I went to a buffet when we were coming home from the VA the other day. I must say I was very proud of myself watching what I ate. Baked Chicken, salads and lots of veges. I really stayed away from the fried stuff and fattening stuff.

I can't eat fish or seafood as I am allergic but chicken is a good alternative.


I'm not on a diet per se but I do try to watch what I eat and how much I eat. Haven't weighed myself in a while but the last time I was at the doctor's I had lost 4 lbs in a couple of weeks.

I am so happy we have angels to watch over us. I can not tell you how many times I know it was an angel who saved me from serious harm or death. Thank you Father God for being so loving and protective!!

Hope you have a great day Mabel, from the sounds of things you are feeling much better!!

Love, Alice