Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another day, another dollar...or less.  For me, a lot less.  I got my prescriptions filled today for the sum of $170.78.  The Travitan eye qtts. cost $104.00 alone.  And you must buy the qtts. if you want to keep your eyesight.  At least it will last for a while, but the Alphagan, at $45.00, will last about 30 days.  Well, I enjoy reading and seeing where I am going...so I guess I will keep getting the stuff.

Chicken Noodle and Tomato Soup are on sale this week for 2/$1.00 so I guess I will get several cans.  My gas tank sits on empty and gas is $3.38 at the moment.  I don't have any crackers to take with my medicine and my cow ran off, so I need to buy milk.   Waaa!  How do families make it?  "Do not turn off your Television.  We control your Television," and your life and your bank account and your life blood.   According to some talk radio hosts, "THEY" even control the weather.  Hmm.

Harry has a birthday this week.  He thinks he's old, but he really isn't.  Aging is just a state of mind...his mind, not mine.  He will always be my big brother, and in my mind I will always see him as young, strong and with a full head of hair.  LOL!

I have some old 8 tack music carts and I was thinking of selling them as they are now collectible, but decided to keep them.  You can't get much for them, even if they becoming rare. I have a stereo that has an 8 track player in it...I'll bet these are becoming hard to find, too.

I watched the old TRUE GRIT  on TV tonight.  You can't redo a  classic.  You can't replace John Wayne.  The new remake of the movie may work for the younger generation, but it doesn't work for me. 

*
EACH MAN SHOULD GIVE
WHAT HE HAS DECIDED
IN HIS HEART TO GIVE...
FOR GOD LOVES
A CHEERFUL GIVER
*
2 Corinthians 9:7

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I have not looked at the price of gas this week as I filled the tank a few weeks ago and have not gone any where to burn up much gas. Thank God!! The price of everything is going up so much, I just don't know how anyone can afford gas, medicine, food on the table, etc.

We are in for some beautiful weather with lots of sunshine. I hope the temperatures continue to climb a bit, I really need to get out and do some yard work soon.

That is a good price on soup. If it was on sale here I could have a case in the basement today. That is where I have my little emergency supply area, LOL.

Have a blessed day!
Love, Alice