Monday, March 21, 2011

PLUM TREE

Here is a picture of my Plum tree.  It is all blossomed out.  Each blossom should turn into a Plum...I hope.  If all the blossom do produce I will have a bumper crop.  You can still see a few plums that are clinging to the branches from last fall.  The Pear tree should blossom out next.  The Pear tree is supposed to be a dwarf fruit tree, but is a good 30 foot high and needs trimming back away from the wires.  I need to spray them both soon.  I used to have a Golden Delicious Apple tree, but a storm blew it over several years ago.  Down in the right corner you can see a brick building.  It is/was a log cabin that was bricked over years ago.  I think it had a "dog Trot" at one time.

Yesterday I worked out in the yard and burned off some garden and yard trash.  The house got a little smoke that drifted in, but not much.  It was kind of pleasant.  I hope to get more done tomorrow before it rains.

I didn't get much done today as I had to go to the dentist for what I thought was to be just a follow-up x-ray, but instead he finished up the root canal. That's done until another one goes bad, but I hope I can get this one paid off before that happens.

Saturday eve. I had all kinds of problems with my computer.  It was just doing odd things and giving odd messages,  I finally gave up on it and went to bed.

*
RESPLENDENT
AND UNFADING
IS WISDOM,
AND SHE IS READILY
PERCEIVED BY THOSE
WHO LOVE HER,
AND FOUND BY THOSE
WHO SEEK HER.
*
Wisdom 6: 12
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

I am off to fire the kiln today. It was too windy to work outside here yesterday and I won't get much yard work done this week, way too busy.

I miss my fruit trees and hope to be able to plant some again once I know for sure where we are settled. Not sure it will be here at this point as there is a major problem with the property line between the two houses.
Time will tell.

So far the rain seems to be staying north of us. I hope it misses us and maybe this evening I can get a little raking done, but some how I doubt it.

Blessings, Alice