Monday, March 28, 2011

Ambitious-less

I don't know where my ambition went.  When I find it... I will gather it up and put it in my lock-box along with all my millions(not).  There should be plenty of space in that little box for a little ambition.  Actually, my giddy up and go left me with a naughty disk.  I can always tell when a disk is going out without me and leave me to mope around by myself.  It starts with a tickling sensation low in my right side and become a fully misbehaving disk in the lower lumbar.  I have had it off and on for many years: it is nothing new to me.  I just have to lounge around for a couple days or so until it just dissipates...and it will.  It just makes me non-productive...but I can eat real well!

No, I didn't get the spice cake done because I didn't want to spend much time on my feet.  The less time on my little tootsies the quicker I am to roll.  I hope to roll tomorrow.

The sale ads came today and they are on the poor to pitiful side.  The only thing I see that I may get is chicken legs and thighs for 39 cents a pound in 10 pound bags.  I want to get several bags, roast them and then freeze them...that is, if they look good.  How does 30 pounds in the freezer sound?  I want to get some apples that are on sale, but may have to make several trips: I don't know how much my delicate little self can carry.

So now you know everything I know and then some.

*
A MAN'S GOODNESS
GOD CHERISHES
LIKE A SIGNET RING,
A MAN'S VIRTUE
LIKE THE APPLE
OF HIS EYE.
*
Sirach 17:17
*
END

2 comments:

oil painting dvds said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

I too have disk problems in the back and neck. Boy do I hate it when one or more want to go out on me. Yes it sure does slow you down for a bit.

I had one go out that pinched the sciatica nerve and had me down in slow motion for over two weeks. I am still have some minor problems with it but can at least move around.

I will keep you in my prayers you heal quickly.

Lots of love, Alice