Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Where the waters flow


This was on the Evansville, Indiana side.

This was taken in the back lot of the truck stop.

 I live on the far side of the Ohio-high and dry.


Over the river and through the woods...











You could put the Delaware, the Minisink and the Neversink into the Ohio on a regular day and have room for more water.  The Ohio is at flood stake stage, but does not crest until Friday.  You can see that the river will continue to rise and flood the low fields and houses that are built in the flatter farm lands.

I have a few more pictures that I may post in a day or so.  In the meantime we are getting lots of rain, and yes, my roof is leaking again.  Who took my ark?

FOR LAND CREATURES WERE CHANGED INTO WATER CREATURES, AND THOSE THAT SWAM WENT OVER UNTO THE LAND.   Wisdom 19: 19

My computer isn't doing as it should and will not center.  It may be the weather, but anyway this the END













































1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I am certainly glad you are on the high and dry side. I hate floods. I remember two in Port Jervis, not fun.

Thanks for sharing the pictures though. Still always interesting to see.

We have been raining on and off here as well. You are getting rain that has passed through here. The ground is pretty saturated here and I am glad we are not close to the creeks that flood over. They might be small creeks but they sure can make a mess of things.

Stay dry and be careful when out taking pictures.

Love, Alice