Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I got a little gas today-$10.00 dollars worth, or just slightly over two gallons of petro-gold.  It got me to where I wanted to go which wasn't all that far.  I went to the library and to Captain D's.  The fish tasted better than the gas.

I got a couple DVR's and a book to read.  The DVR is number 1 of a series of THE HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY.  I believe it is one of six produced by the BBC.  The other DVR is about the shows of LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE, also produced by the BBC.  I have enjoyed a lot of British shows on PBS over the years.

Tomorrow is to be another nice day an my intention is to get out and rake the front yard and make it look half-way presentable in this high class neighborhood.  Then it will appear to be one of the better looking yards on this side of the street. HA!  For a day, anyway.  I noticed my neighbor's trash all over the back alley and some of it rolling down and away.  "Fences good neighbors make," the higher the better.

This evening I have been shredding junk mail.  It seems like I am forever shredding trash mail-stuff with my name on it.  No wonder that ID theft is so rampant. 

I have not listened to the news or watched it all day.  I just don't want to know how bad the world has become. 
*
GATHERING,  I WILL GATHER TOGETHER
ALL THINGS FROM OFF THE FACE
OF THE LAND, SAITH THE LORD.
I WILL GATHER MAN AND BEAST.
I WILL GATHER THE BIRDS OF THE AIR,
AND THE FISHES OF THE SEA;
AND THE UNGODLY WILL MEET
WITH RUIN:
AND I WILL DESTROY MAN
FROM THE FACE OF THE LAND,
SAITH THE LORD.
*
Sophonias 1: 2-3
 *
I heard a guy  on the radio predict that the "end" will be on May 21-hope I can can-and all of you, get my/your gardens in before that!

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

I have heard all sorts of predictions for the end times, but I don't think we are suppose to know the exact day and time so I just do the best I can each day and not worry about it.

I still have not made it to the basement to work on those seeds and will really need to do it once Frank is up and I can do laundry while I am down there. In the meantime, I am heading to the craft room to glaze. Hope you have a good day!

Keeping Harry and his wife in my prayers. He sure seems to have his hands full right now. Such a good man with a good heart!

Love, Alice