Tuesday, March 15, 2011

KITCHEN DUTY

OK, now my arm hurts.  And I worked up a sweat, too.  I did some re-appointing in the kitchen which was basically moving appliances around and cleaning around and under them.  I have wanted to do this for a long time, but kept putting it off because I didn't know if my arm would hold up.  Basically it was "guide and slide" job, but my arm is already getting stiff in the upper muscles.  However, where the is a will there is a way!

The hardest task was in in moving the Microwave.  It is big and it is heavy.  There is where the "guide and slide" maneuver came in.  I can't really lift much that is heavy with my right arm, but I have taught it to "obey" me.  I have a microwave cart that I rolled up to the counter and slid the microwave off from the counter and on to the cart.  Now the counter is clean and free for other things... that I have been moving about when I wanted to use them, such as the crock pot and a few other items.   I do have to find a spot for some odds 'n ends such as cook books.  I repositioned my coffee pot, as also.  Well done, I says to myself!

I would really like to move the washing machine and dryer and clean under them, but there is where I think I may have a problem.  I might figure that out, too.  I would like to "reappoint'  my entire kitchen and send it down the Ohio  River.  It was never meant to be a real working kitchen, but it is paid for and that is what counts.  Now...if I can just get someone up on the roof...sigh.
*
I WISH, THEN,
THAT MEN PRAY
EVERYWHERE,
LIFTING UP PURE HANDS,
WITHOUT WRATH
OR CONTENTION.
IN LIKE MANNER,
I WISH WOMAN
BE DECENTLY DRESSED,
ADORNING THEMSELVES
WITH MODESTY AND DIGNITY
NOT WITH BRAIDED HAIR,
OR GOLD OR PEARLS
OR EXPENSIVE CLOTHING.
*
Tim. 2: 8,9
*
END

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

When I move my bigger appliances for cleaning I do not use my arms. I push against them with my hip and legs. Might have to use the arms just a little for steering but pushing with hip works very well. :-)

We are in for warmer temperatures and lots of sun the rest of the week. Hope you are too.

Love, Alice

Anonymous said...

I am too short to use my hips and legs!! LOL's!!