Friday, March 4, 2011

WATER WORLD

It has rained all of last night, most of today, and is supposed to be thunderous and brightly flashing-lit up...tonight.  I guess I will get my bucket out.  With the last storm, I think the leaky roof was from wind-driven rain...and we are supposed to get wind tonight.

I watched one DVD today and will start on the HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY tomorrow.  It looks pretty interesting.  I accidentally rented a "R" rated movie this afternoon.  I tried to cancel it, but it was too late.  I shut the TV off and let it run it's course.  I hate paying $7.00 for a movie I couldn't-wouldn't watch.

I am having cravings for food.  This evening I got a steak out and cooked it in butter.  It was so good!  I am tired of chicken-cluck-cluck.  I also have a craving for chocolate. I haven't given into that...yet.
*
LOVE YOUR ENEMIES,
DO GOOD TO THOSE
WHO HATE YOU,
BLESS THOSE WHO
CURSE YOU,
PRAY FOR THOSE
WHO MISTREAT YOU.
*
Luke 6:27,28
*
The Lord God took the man
and placed him in the garden
of Eden to till it and keep it.
*
GEN. 2:15
-
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I really love that picture!! We had a beautiful day yesterday, cloudy all day but up in the low 60s. Then last night the thunderstorms came in with a vengence! It stormed all night long.

My dog Rusty is terrified of thunderstorms. I think he must have been out in them a lot when he was a pup living on the streets before I adopted him.

Frank and I took turns trying to keep him calmed down. You'd think after being with me for 11 years and knowing I would never put him out in storms like that nor would I leave him out there, he would settle down a bit. But he actually seems worse. The poor dog will just sit and tremble and shake when there is a storm. Just breaks my heart.

I have two cats also. They will lay on the window sill and watch the lightening. the thunder does not scare them. Funny how animals can be. :-)

I am tired today from being up most of the night with the dog, so think I will rest on and off.

Hope you have a good day and no more storms, LOL.

Love, Alice