Tuesday, March 22, 2011

WORKING GIRL-ME

Yup, I've been outside working in the yard again.  I pulled out the mower and put it on the charger for a while, getting it ready for the green grass growing fast in Kentucky.  Now it is charged and I should clean it a little, but basically it is ready to power forth into summer, and summer comes quickly here in the Ky. state.  Yes, it started.  I just need to own a bank so I can afford to buy gas for it.  I also spread some Ky. Blue Grass seed  by hand in a few thatchy areas.  The wind was blowing the seed all over so I don't know where the seed landed for the most part.  I also laid out a few pavers in the utility/shed room where the dirt is.  I had done most of it before I hurt my arm and never quite finished the job.  They are heavy and now my arm is starting to stiffen up a little.  I should have laid in three more concrete pavers, but I quit.

I put everything back in the shed because it looks like rain is coming in this direction and I don't want to get wet or or have my mower get drenched.  I did run the mower a couple of passes before I retired it into a safe, dry place.

Today my jaw is a little sore, but not as bad as it has been in the past.  I guess I will recover.  I won't recover from the bill, 'though.  I just paid off the other bill, but....smile and the dentist smiles with you!

The past few days have been really nice and tomorrow is supposed to be a pretty day, too...in the 70's.  Then it will get a bit colder, again.  I put away one electric heater today and had hoped  to store another one away, also.  Well, it is still March, isn't it.  So blows the winds of March.

*
DEAL YOUR BREAD
TO THE HUNGRY;
AND BRING THE NEEDY
AND THE HARBOR LESS
INTO YOUR HOUSE.
WHEN YOU SEE ONE
NAKED, COVER HIM,
AND DO NOT DESPISE
YOUR OWN FLESH.
*
Is. 58: 7
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mabel, I wish I had half your energy!!! You are always busy doing something.

We had another beautiful day here. The storms that were predicted missed us and the sun has been nice but a bit windy. We made it up to the lower 70s but they say it will turn cold here too.

I have plenty to do to keep me busy. The next two days filled with doctor's appointments.

I went and emptied the kiln today. Things came out really nice. I have some pictures on my blog.

Have a good evening!
Alice