Wednesday, March 30, 2011

GONE AGAIN

Yup, the chicken is gone again.  The butcher told me they sold out early this morning.  He said that people were buying the chicken by the case.  The store is supposed to get another shipment in on Friday and they are supposed to hold a case for me; 40 lb. of chicken.  While I didn't want 40 lbs. of chicken, I will take it and freeze most of it-that is if they hold it for me.  They promised, but you know how promises work out.

The engine light in the van has come on and I have to take it in for a computer scan early in the morning.  The scan will run $50 bucks and how much more- that they manage to find?  I found a coupon for $10 dollars off and I hope to use that tomorrow.  I have a coupon for an oil change, too.

You know you get charged for the "fluid disposal," but what they actually do with the old oil is store it, resell it, and then it gets reprocessed and eventually you buy back your own oil.   Every thing is a racket in some manner or another.  And don't believe Obama when he says we must become energy efficient.  This has been an other political ploy for the past 30 years, starting with Carter. Obama simply made another "feel good" speech.

I guess I will go to bed and set the clock to "early."
*
I RECOGONIZED
THAT THERE IS
NOTHING BETTER
THAN TO BE GLAD
AND TO DO WELL
DURING LIFE.
FOR EVERY MAN,
MOREOVER,
TO EAT AND DRINK
AND ENJOY THE
FRUIT OF ALL HIS
LABOR
IS A GIFT OF GOD.
*
Ecc. 3: 12-13
*
END

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

Life seems to be a vicious cycle at times, even right down to your oil. All we can do is keep plugging and trust in the Lord to lead the way.

I have a busy day planned of glazing and house cleaning. Tomorrow I fire the kiln.

Sorry they were out of chicken, sure do hope they save you a case on Friday.

Love, Alice

Unknown said...

I like google better, yahoo seems to have a lot of viruses with it and tracking cookies. And I seem to have more problems there in general. I guess it depends on what you want to do too.