Monday, March 14, 2011

I am starting to turn to mold from all the rain

This isn't a real good picture of the Ohio River.  I pulled it out of the paper.  It does show the race track and highway 41 North heading toward Evansville. 

There is a "boil" advisory up for Evansville and surrounding areas-over 100,000 people have to boil their water as contaminated water got into the drinking water.  Nothing has been said about boiling water on this side of the water.  Most of the water I drink is in the form of hot tea and I do have some bottled water on hand, as well.  I don't know if the horses have been taken out of the barns at the track, but I would imagine so.

I have another bucket of water that has leaked through the roof.  I need to get some one up on the roof if it ever stops raining.  It stops and then starts right up again: more rain for tomorrow.

Usually I turn the heat off by April 1st, but winter lingers on and on.  I think St. Louis got some snow, but didn't pay that much attention.

I have a new recipe that I want to try out before I put it up here.  It calls for tomato powder.  I have never heard of it or seen it at the store, but I will look for it.

The mail carrier delivered wet mail, so he was probably soaked , too.  Neither rain...or more rain...or even more rain will dissuade the carrier from his appointed rounds.

Other wise, it has been another monsoon, dreary day.  The rain has nowhere to go and lays in the yard.  Me need an Ark.
*
THEREFORE ALL THAT YOU
WISH MEN TO DO TO YOU,
EVEN SO YOU ALSO
DO TO THEM;
FOR THIS IS THE LAW
OF THE PROPHETS.
*
Matt. 7:12
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

For tomato powder check out bulkfoods.com I believe they carry it and other things you might like to have.

We had a couple of days of sun now back to dreary rain again. I sure hope it stops soon.

I finally got my seeds started yesterday, but still have one more tray to plant. I think it will be herbs. I love to grow herbs and use them fresh when I cook.

Try to stay dry and praying your rain stops too.

Love, Alice