Friday, March 25, 2011

Another Friday

I must have got my sleep out because I woke up early this morning.  I didn't get up right away because I didn't need to.  I was nice and toasty in my bed.  After all, I am retired, right?  Finally, I did the right thing and got myself up and moving.  I'm glad that I didn't turn off the furnace for the season 'cause it was downright cold this past A. M.  We had a mixture of sleet, rain, and snow, but it didn't amount to anything.

After lunch I went out to Lowe's to buy a metal shelving unit.  I forgot to buy the shelving unit, but  I didn't come home empty handed.  I bought a package of eight-60 watt light bulbs and some gardening stuff for when and if, I ever get to plant the garden.  I bought the light bulbs because they will be taken off the market and you won't be able to buy them.  I do use fluorescent bulbs in my little house because  they are cheaper for lighting my little castle; I just don't want the government telling me what I can have or not have in my own home.  It's none of their business.

I looked wistfully at the new Troy tillers on display, but marched myself out the door.  I bought my tiller in 1982 so it is aging and beat up, but before a certain part went missing,  it ran fine and did a good job. 


The Doves have been eating the grass seed I spread out, but that 's OK.  I like Doves...so does the stray cat.  Speaking of Doves reminds me that when Darcy was a little boy he climbed to the top of the Tri- State bridge to catch pigeons.  It didn't faze him a bit, but it scared the "you know what" out of every one crossing the bridge and the PJ cops.  He climbed down on his own with a pocket full of pigeons.  I bet he does't even remember it.  It was over 55 years ago.  Life is a never ending adventure.
*
THEREFORE,
AS YOU HAVE RECEIVED
JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD
SO WALK IN HIM
*
Collossians 2: 6
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I am getting anxious to plant a garden too but now we do not know if we will be here or not. The landlady is trying to sell the property out from under us. Its a long story but I might have started all those seeds for not and they are doing so well.

We have had a very busy few days with doctor's appointments and it will continue that way for the next few weeks to a month. Such is life. You do what you can and leave it at that, LOL.

I am glazing today. Still trying to get ready for a craft sale on April 9th. Been pretty tired and might take a short nap soon while glaze is still drying.

Was it really that long ago Darcy was catching pigeons? I remember as a small child he was catching pigeons and I will only be 53 this year, LOL. Isn't that funny some of the things we remember?

Hope you have a blessed weekend!
Love, Alice