Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SOLD OUT

No chicken.  It was sold out.  At 39 cents a pound you can see why.  The good thing is...they will have a new shipment in tomorrow.  I did get some lunch meat at 99 cents per package.  I bought five packages and put four in the freezer.  I also found Cream Cheese for 79 cents a package, so I got two.  I brought two more bricks of sharp cheese for$1.89 apiece.  I have a lot of cheese in the frig.  The nice thing about cheese is that if kept cool and unopened, it stays good for a very long time.  I found Maxwell House Coffee for $4.99 per can with a limit of two while they last.  If there are any left tomorrow when I go back for the chicken, I'll try to get two more cans.  The other things I bought are two packages of Imperial Spread, two for a dollar....50 cents each.  I can use it for cooking.

From shopping, I went to the Golden Corral for a very late lunch-early supper.  I know the manager and she will save me some of the wide mouth gallon jugs they have use for such foods as salad dressings on the buffet bar.  The empty jugs are food grade and great for storing and or making pickles.  The containers are generally thrown out, but I know of one store that sells them for 50 cents apiece to their "friends."  Which means that the people in the deli of the store gets a little extra change to take home.  Of course, that makes more sense than sending them into the landfill.

The Long Winter:  It lingers like a bad toothache.  We are having a light rain that is to turn to a light sleet or snow overnight.  The good-nice-weather we were looking forward to will be more rain and not very warm.  It may warm up a little over the week-end, but we will probably have more rain.

The new carburetor for the tiller came today.  I hope I can put it on myself.  Right now it is too cold and damp or working in the yard.
*
THERE IS INDEED
A MINE FOR SILVER,
AND A PLACE FOR GOLD
WHICH MEN REFINE.
IRON IS TAKEN
FROM THE EARTH,
AND COPPER MELTED
OUT OF STONES...
THE EARTH, THOUGH
OUT OF IT COMES
FORTH BREAD
IS IN FIERY UPHEAVAL
UNDERNEATH.
click to make large
*
Job 28: 1-2-4-5
*
AS THE CRUCIBLE
TESTS SILVER
AND THE FURNACE
GOLD
SO A MAN IS TESTED
BY THE PRAISE
HE RECIEVES.
*
Provervbs 27:21
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

You sure did get some awesome bargains!! We never see anything that cheap here any more, but sometimes get close. LOL.

We are starting back in a warming trend with lots of sunshine. Sure hope it lasts. Been pretty chilly.

Have a great day!
Love, Alice