Thursday, March 24, 2011

Days like these

There are days when you just don't want to get up in the morning or feel like you haven't got your sleep out.  This was a day like that for me and I just wanted to sleep the day away.  I got up late and took a nap later in the afternoon, sleeping two more hours.  Maybe the very sudden temperature drop or the fact that the sun wasn't shinning or even because I had worked outside 'most every day this past week, made me very sleepy.  I never did like getting up and going  when it was cold outside. A combination of minor factors and I took "the day off."

I did call a company down in Tenn. and ordered a new carburetor for my Troy tiller.  The little Mantis tillers are for "Toy Gardens,"  They don't do that well in large, heavy, clay soil gardens.  To my mind they are OK for flower beds and light cultivating, but not for a serious gardener.  I hope that when the part comes I can put it on without additional expense or lost time.   I think I can...I think  I can...I think I can.  The cost of the carburetor is $129.00 which is cheaper than having to buy a new tiller at nearly $1,000 bucks.  I will need to find a gas connection hose and a few bolts to fit.  I Will Never, Ever.. trust Taylor Garden Center again.  Send my tiller for a tune-up and get it back with missing parts. No wonder they kept putting me off for four months.  #@*%@!!

It is supposed to rain tomorrow and the temperatures will be down in the 30's overnight.  I don't know if I will have Plums or not, and that Pear tree is just starting to blossom out.  When I got up this morning the bird bath was on the other side of the yard next to the fence.  I didn't hear the wind, but I guess we had up to 50 mile per. hour gusts.

Not much else going on here or of interest.

*
I CAN DO EVERYTHING
THROUGH HIM
WHO GIVES ME
 STRENGTH.
*
Phill. 4:13
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mabel,

I have one of those little Mantis tillers. I usually have someone come in with a big tiller and do the garden over once for me then I maintain with the Mantis. I would love to have a good full sized tiller someday but this works for me, for now.

Blessings, Alice