Thursday, March 3, 2011

CATS ARE FUNNY

This was a good day to get out into the yard and do some spring cleanup.  I got most of all the trash, Styrofoam cups, candy wrappers, food wrappers, and plastic bags that have blown in from the two yards on either side of me, raked and bagged.  Plus, I picked up a lot of small twigs and branches from my own tree and from next door, as well.  Most of it is bagged for pick-up next week.  I do have some work to go.  I need to go over the yard with the fan rake and also rake off a small area in front of the old motor home.

A small cat came to help me, catching small bugs or grubs and eating them as I raked.  Then the small cat became bored and ran off to try to catch a squirrel.  No luck with that, even climbing the tree as high as he could go.  Cats just can't scamper along wires and very thin branches.  Finally the kitty gave up, came down the tree without any help, and went flying across the yard on the other side of the street.  It was fun just watching that little cat chase, try to ambush, and finally give it up as a bad idea  It is a good little mouser, too.  A few days ago it came across my driveway with a mouse it had caught.

Anyway, the rivers are all up.  The White River, the Wabash, and of course, the big 'ol Ohio are burbling along, singing a watery song..high..high..high...blurb...blurb...blurb.  I am happy to be up above flood stage.  It is supposed to rain buckets-about 1 1/2 inches Friday and into Saturday.  As I know that I won't be doing outside work tomorrow, I have no set idea of what I will do for the day.  Work?  Nah...!


I have had a craving for bread.  I haven't been eating much bread lately while I try to cut back and lose some weight.  While my weight loss fluctuates between seven and eight pounds, I am not in a rush to
lose pounds rapidly. So, I gave in to my cravings this evening. Peanut Butter and honey  on toast-twice.  So good.  Now I can get back to the busness of watching my diet.
*
AND I WILL SET UP
ONE SHEPHERD
OVER THEM,
AND HE SHALL
FEED THEM,
EVEN MY SERVANT
DAVID.
HE SHALL FEED THEM,
AND HE SHALL
BE THEIR SHEPHERD.
*
EZECHIEL 34: 23
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel!

I need to get out and do some more yard work too. I got a good start the other day but still so much more to get done yet.

So far the storms are north of us but we are suppose to get some thunderstorms later today. Hope they hold off till I get back from my errands.


My poor dog hates thunder. it just scares the tar out of him. The cats on the other hand will lay on a window sill and watch the lightening and listen to the thunder, LOL.

Hope you have a great day.
Love, Alice