Saturday, March 5, 2011

A DAY-OR TWO WITH SUN SHINE


 I'm sleepy today.  I guess because we have had two days of constant rain and dark skies.  There isn't much you can do or many places you can go.  I try to watch TV and fall asleep, so I might as well go to bed early...well early for me, anyway.

What did you do to save money this week?  I went to the store and spent money.

 Ten cans of Campbell'sChicken Noodle
soup at $00.50 cents a can.
One Boneless Chuck Roast,
quartered and frozen.
Two packages of hamburger
at $1.98 a pound-waiting to be
divided and frozen. 
One package real Butter qtrs.
at $2.59.(I know-expensive).
Two packages of Kblr. Crackers
at $1.98 for packages of 8.
One roll of Brusnsweger at $2.75.
One container of Cole Slaw for $1.24.

I seldom buy Brunswager because it is made of organ meats which filters toxins and chemicals from the original host animal, but once in a while I get a craving for it as a snack.  The crackers I need to take with my medicine, so they were not on a bargain list, either.  The real butter I bought just because I wanted it and I just opened up my last package.  I spent $24.79.  I was going to go to a couple other stores, but I didn't want to get drenched.  When I went into the grocery store it was about 56 F.  When I came out I could see my breath.  The temperature had dropped that rapidly.  My back storm door is all frosted over now.

I have tried and tried to call big brother Harry to wish him a happy birthday, but he doesn't answer his phone.  I will try again tomorrow, Sunday.

HAPPY IS THE SOUL
 THAT FEARS THE LORD!
IN WHOM DOES HE TRUST,
AND WHO DOES HE SUPPORT?
THE EYES OF THE LORD
ARE ON THOSE WHO
LOVE HIM:
*
SIRACH 34:15,16
-
END


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

First, if you reach Harry today, please tell him I send my love. :-)

Second, your shopping all sounds like pretty good bargains to me. I would much rather have butter than margarine. Margarine is pretty nasty stuff to the body.

I had to do a double take to realize you meant the soups were 50 cents a can, not $50.00 (fifty dollars), LOL. Still all those prices were excellent. Even the butter costs $1.00 a package more here, on sale.

Gas prices were up to $3.49 a gallon for the cheapest stuff on Friday. If we did not have to go out of town so much for all of Frank's doctors and some of mine I would get rid of both vehicles. Just costs too much to keep them on the road.

I woke up tired this morning and am going to lay down for an hour. Hope you have a great day!

Love, Alice