Monday, December 5, 2011

The Angel Declared onto Mary


A slow day for me.  I had to stay home and wait for the cable guys.  Now I have sound on my TV.  It was some unusual setting called DVI meant for older TV's.  It only took them about 15 minutes to put in the proper code.  Toshiba, maker of the TV, didn't know how to fix it.  Now it is done.

I did a little vacuuming...but not too much.  After all, I don't want to wear out my vacuum cleaner, do I!

We have broken a rainfall record.  The Ohio is up and in the fields.  The deer are trying to get to higher ground.  I saw three deer along the side of the road that didn't make it.  They try to get across the highway at night and in the early morning hours.

Tomorrow I need to get some shopping done, like it or not, and fight the traffic, along with hunting for the non-existing parking spaces.  I only have about 9 days left before we have a Christmas party for the elderly, therefore I need to get things done post haste.

ADVENT


Advent is the Latin word meaning "coming."  This is the season observed in most western churches as the beginning of the western Liturgical year.  In some Eastern churches it is called the Nativity Fast and starts on September 1.  In the Greek translation it is also called the second coming of Christ.  In the very early church the practices of Advent were strictly adhered to as rigidly as the observance of Lent.

Most western churches observe Advent with special liturgical readings and prayers, ending on Dec. 25th. It is a time of expectancy and then celebration of the birth and coming of Christ.


In Luke, ch. 1: 28-38, you will find the angel announcing the immaculate conception to Mary and the Canticle or Magnificate, vs. 46-55.  Well worth reading again, over and over.


I did find the newer American Bible translation slightly different that the Catholic Bible.  But,  as is said and even written, "All roads lead to Rome," so it must be with sacred literature...the words may differ slightly, but it is the message and the meaning that count.

So, what's it all about, this season of Advent?  Debt, matereial things, presents under the tree?  That isn't how Advent started out, is it?  Now it is all about super commerialism.  Guess what...you get what you pay for.

END

3 comments:

Global Bookmark said...

Beautiful writings. Good thinking. Keep going. Thanks.

Better Article Submission said...

Nice work. I appreciate it. Looking for such useful future works. Thanks.

Islam Forum Blog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.