Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Price of a Song

The afternoon was hurry up and wait date.  Finally the cable guy came and checked the cable signal which was fine.  He was telling me about the young guy that came to his door without a shirt the other eve. when it was so cold.  He told the cable guy that people were chasing him.  The cable guy said he thought he might get a gun for home protection.  As many readers here know, I have a licence to carry a concealed weapon and yes, I do know how to use it.  I was instructed by a retired State Trooper.  I don't carry it , but things are not very safe in my neighborhood anymore, so I have it for home protection.  It is a sad world when you need a pistol for self-protection.

I talked to several of my friends yesterday and they just about talked my ear off.  Now I need to re-charge my phone.  I tried to talk to my brother in Texas, but that was a lost cause because his wife was screaming at him...or trying to.  I know that he wants to hear from all of us, but his wife will not let him.  I try to make excuses for her because she has M. S.  After a while excuses don't cover bad manners and rudeness.  Illness can change people, but not always for the better, so I try to pray for her...and for my brother because I know he is in a stressful marriage situation.

I went to the store to get a few things.  This time I got a whole gal. of milk instead of a half gal.  Soon the weather will change and I won't want to go to the store.  I won't want to go across the bridge to mass either, but I can park in the back of Holy Name (here) and go up the ramp and in the back way, should the snow blow.  You know I am just a little afraid of falling if it snows or gets slick.

I will be sad to see Advent go, but there are so many hymns and songs that I can't sing.  I guess I am a traditionalist/conservative...sort of person.  I would trade all the junk metal, plates, screws and pins in my arm if I could sing!  That must have some value.  It was worth $21, 000 dollars 3 years ago, and with inflation...well, my arm must be worth more, now...the price of a song?  Oh, it just doesn't work that way, you say?  I have an old poem around here somewhere about a frog trying to sing.  Yes, I wrote it, and if I ever find it, I will post it.

The temperature was up to 56 degrees this afternoon.  Sunday is supposed to be cold and seasonal.  Afterall, it will be January so we will get what we get.

Tomorrow, Friday, I will do some of the things that I didn't get to today. 

END



No comments: