Saturday, December 17, 2011

A tail of a tale...I think

You don't get much from me tonight; no prayers, no poor attempts at inspiration, Bible quotes or little religious gems.  No, You get something I came across while searching for something else in my desk.  You get a poem that I wrote while attending HCC, school of Dumb 'n Numb.  It is so old that the paper is starting to yellow, so I thought I would pass it on as a light hearted missive in my blog.  Please don't get all teary eyed...aw.

A DOG OF A POEM
by me

A dog will eat the food of man
and often bite his best friend's hand
A mutt will spoil your carpet floor
and urinate against the door
With woeful eyes he'll steal your seat
or trip you up while under feet

A man's best friend, invited home
should surely sit upon the throne
and tread with grace to bathroom door
instead of pooping on the floor

What comfort can an old dog be
while shedding hair and jumping fleas
and smelling up the whole darn house
or chewing up your best white blouse

Oh, spare me please of fuss and bother
I think that I would really rather
have hanging high upon my wall
ducks that fly but never fall
an eagle perched in regal grace
and wild turkeys are to my taste
and if my aviary seems incomplete
I'll just buy a parakeet.

END

Now you know what kind of pictures hang on the wall!
No, you do not have permission to use or copy...so there.
A couple of my prints, but not all.

I got a lot of laundry done today and more clean up from the week of cooking and wrapping of presents.  I am glad that is done and now I can put things in the back store room. 
Tomorrow-Sunday-I will not post.  On Monday I hope to go through some more stuff to take to the Salvation Army.  Today I had lots of ambition, but by Monday, who knows, my good intentions may have fled!


END

No comments: