Friday, December 16, 2011



In eight days, or depending on when this is read, Advent for 2011 will become another memory.  I hope it is a good memory for one and all.  Keep in mind that Advent, or "the coming" of Christ, should be a vigil kept all year long-every year...for we don't know when the second coming of Christ will occur.  We should have the joy, spirit and the sharing of the season...throughout all the seasons.  We should celebrate the birth of Christ every day with the expectation of Who and What is to come.  One day, and we know not when, we will be united with our heavenly creator and His face will shine upon us. 

You can take down the tree, put away the ornaments and decorations, get rid of the ripped wrapping paper and crushed boxes and bows, put everything away for next year and wait for Christmas of 2012, after this year slips away.  While you are waiting  for the next Holy Season to roll around, remember what Christmas is all about in the first place.

I have often heard it said the Christmas is for kids and that is somewhat true in a sense because we have turned it into nice commercial venture.  Keep Christmas for the kids, but teach them what is behind the celebration and the the real meaning of Christmas.  Everyone says "Merry Christmas" and/or gets upset because it isn't politically correct phrase to utter.  Try greeting with a... have a HOLY CHRISTMAS...instead.  Isn't that what it is...a holy day?  Yes, I think it is!

The other day we had a momentary power surge or disruption.  Just long enough to burn out the alarm on my clock. I had to reset it, but now I am really in need of a good alarm clock.  And I am still resting up and being lazy.  Tomorrow I need to get busy and wash cloths and go to the store.  I don't need much, but I have used up all the eggs and most of the milk.  It is supposed to be sunny tomorrow and on Sunday.  Time to light a fire under myself and see if I can be like the Greek God Mercury with swift, winged feet.   Oh, maybe not...how about feet of clay.  Now, that sounds more like me.


END

No comments: