Thursday, December 1, 2011

Off The Cuff


Once again I failed to get my "home work" done, so I will try to write a little off the cuff and hope that it makes sense.

I believe that with that first tiny spark of life upon conception we are imbued with the spirit, the essence of God.  We are basically a blank sheet upon berth, not yet inscribed with the goodness of righteousness or the sins of evil.  I know that many Biblical scholars will argue that point, but and because God made us in His own image...then we must have been created nearly perfect.  In PS. 139: 14 we read that "I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

We are taught that we are born with the stain of original sin on our souls.  I would rather think that we are born into sin.  Perhaps with the first breath we take...like polluted air, we breath in the sins that surround us, for it is indeed an evil world and evilness abounds.  Who can say that a tiny baby isn't a perfect creation of God?  I believe the very lest of us and the very best of us are endowed with the gift of light and life.  What the essence of God becomes in us is another matter, for we have free will...the power to co-create or destroy.  And for those with limited faculties or physicality's, they are God made sacred beings and should be revered as the vessels of the Great Creator.

As I stated, this is an off the cuff post and I am sure that many will disagree with my poor philosophy/theology.  If I hear from the Pope...I'll know I'm in trouble.

No, I didn't get much done today other than messing with the appliance store and the Toshiba TV tech.  I still don't have sound on my new TV.  How can a tech. on the other side of the planet know what is wrong with my TV?

Something that I ran across, is that lay people are not supposed to raise or stretch out hands and arms during the offering of the Sacrament.  This is reserved for the priest or an ordained clergy and is not an action prescribed for the people in the pews, according to the Bishop of Coventry(KY).  I was wondering why the people were doing that.  No, I don't do it.  I kind of think it is an off-shoot of the charismatic masses.  Only a guess on my part. 

I hope that readers can make sense of this post.


END

No comments: