Friday, December 9, 2011

Inspired-not

Sometimes I get inspired; sometimes not.  This is a "not" day.  I have more packages to wrap so that will take up my evening.  I need to think about what I will cook for the Christmas party for the residents at the home.  Since I am not the finest cook in the kitchen, I look upon any cooking endeavor as a challenge. Everyone needs a little challenge now and then...right?

I actually made it to bed just after 12 a. m. last night...or is that morning?  I even got up at a pretty reasonable hour.  And no, I didn't fall asleep on the couch this afternoon.  Doing good, aren't I?

I never get everything done that I plan or hope to get done, but I give it a whirl.  My brain has a tendency to work harder than my body does.

What is your Christmas wish this year?  What will you pray for?  Do you have everything you need, but not everything you want?  Count your blessings if your home is warm and dry and you are able to put food on the table.  I do.  I know that there are many in this country and across  the other great continents that can't say the same...that they have all that is needed for this life or the next.  Once we we a blessed nation with plenty for all and enough to share.  Now we are a people frowned upon...not forgotten or abandoned by God, but not as pleasing to Him as this people and this land once was.  So, this is what I pray for, and you have heard it before; "Peace on earth, good will to men."  Can you think of a better prayer or gift to men at this time of the year?

Time for me to do some more wrapping, measuring, and taping. 



 My little glass tree.

END

No comments: