Thursday, December 8, 2011

Prepare for the King of Glory


Mary was prepared for the coming of the Christ child.  God sent His heavenly angel Gabriel to tell her that she would bear the Son of God.  No fuss over semantics, but a straight forward declaration of what was expected of her and what was to come to...and of,  the worthy Virginal Mother of God.   She didn't argue about it.  She was puzzled, but she accepted her roll in the eternal salvation of man .  She responded to the angel Gabriel with, " Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to your word."  And the angel departed from her.  LUKE 1:38

 We should be so trusting.  We should be so obedient.  We should be as humble, meek and mild-and accepting as she was.  "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you.  Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus."  Mary was prepared.  Mary possessed all the special graces and purity of spirit to carry out her task and she did so willingly and with great sanctity.

+++

No, I didn't get to bed before mid-night.  Odd as this may sound to some of you, esp. to family members  and people  I have worked with, I pray a lot, and prayer takes time.  Time well spent.  It gives me peace.

I did get some wrapping done this afternoon and have more to do.  I hope to finish wrapping tomorrow and waltz the little
presents across yon bridge, and across the muddy Ohio.  I may need to get more presents for the residents:The box looks kind of empty.  I need to also do some cooking ahead, if I can.  The problem is...I am poky and lazy.  Anyone else feel poky and lazy?


END

No comments: