Friday, December 30, 2011

Saint Teresa-of Calcutta




I have been reading a little bit about Mother Teresa  of Calcutta.  I know that everyone knows who she is and the works she has done, and the imprint she left on the world.  I thought I would just post a few of her words here.

"We have a great people among us,
only we don't know it.
They are the poorest of the poor-
the unwanted
the uncared for
the rejected
the alcoholics
the crippled
the blind
the sick
 the dying-
people who have nothing and nobody
Their very life is a prayer.
They continually intercede for us
without knowing it.
That is why I say that the home
for the dying in Calcutta
is a treasure house
for the whole archdiocese."


It's easy to understand why Mother Teresa was made a saint so quickly after her death in light of her work for and among the very poor.  Her words and commitment to Christ are not as well known as the pictures of her going about her daily life.  If you can, read about her and know why she is a saint in our time.
*****
I actually did something today!  I took the van to the car wash and vacuumed it out a bit.  It needed it.  I guess you could call the van my home away from home.  I got some gas at $3.09 per gal.  That isn't a big bargain, but it is better than what it was the other day.  The price of gas goes up and down so fast that I get dizzy from all the price spinning.
Tomorrow-Saturday-will be another unusualy nice day,then the cold will pour in.  So, tomorrow I will wander and take my camera with me.  No telling where I will wind up.

END

No comments: