Friday, October 26, 2012

An UGH day...but God's day...

It has been cold, wet, and windy.  I don't like it.  We get what we get.  It was another day that I didn't want to crawl out from under the covers.  I did.  I went to mass.  I didn't really expect too many people to be there, but they came in spite of the weather.  I'll bet they all were saying "Ugh," too, and this is just a mild sample of what may come our way.


After church I did a little shopping.  I still need to go back for milk.  It is supposed to be a little nicer tomorrow so it shouldn't be so crummy out.

It rained so much that the water is pooling and is not running off.  After a summer without rain we now have plenty of it.  The ground is really saturated.  I am glad that all that work was done yesterday and not put off to today.

I have been picking off some green tomatoes to bring in and ripen on the counter.  They will not be around much longer.  They are expensive, even in a discount grocery store.

There isn't much to share with the readers that come to this poor blog.  I do get a good number of Russian visitors and one from China.  The visitor from China disappeared from the stats and that has happened before.  I wonder how they do that.  I don't think China likes my blog very much.

+++
 
THE GOLDEN RULE
***
THEREFORE,
ALL THAT YOU WISH
MEN TO DO TO YOU
EVEN SO,
YOU DO ALSO TO
THEM;
FOR THIS IS THE LAW
AND THE PROPHETS.
 
Matt. 7: 12
 
I guess everyone knows this famous verse or is at least familiar with it.  We just don't practice it as we should.  We will complain loudly for all to hear if someone doesn't do right by us, then we have a tendency to get even or send their Karma right back to them.  There is a verse in the Old Testament that goes something like this;  "An eye for an eye, ans tooth for a tooth."  We seldom finish the verse off as it ends with "Vengeance is mine, saith the lord."  Which means not yours.  We are not supposed to seek vengeance for it is a sour drink to pour from a sour flask.  It is like "pouring new wine into old skins," as in the Bible.  What you get does not satisfy, negate or heal old wounds.  Only God can take a bitter drink and turn it into honey.  "You get what you pay for."  No, I am not going to look it all of this up for you.  You can find it on your own in your Bible.
 
 
As I said in a previous post, I think that I will not post on most Saturdays unless the "spirit moves me."
 
 
END
 


No comments: