Friday, October 5, 2012

THE BOOK OF JOB

Today was First Friday.  Lots of people were at mass.  For some reason Father did not give the homily...a little talk....after the reading of the Gospel.  He seemed to want to get going and get the mass over with.  I think he is suffering from "mass fatigue" or something.  Or maybe he had to be somewhere or had appointments.  Oh well.

I must be getting old.  I came home and took a nap and slept for two hours.  It isn't like I didn't get enough sleep last night!

I will soon get my feather comforter out.  It is supposed to turn cold and it has dropped down into the 40's already.  There is nothing like a feather comforter on a cold or chilly night.  The frost is coming, too.  And we are having a cold rain which is bringing down the leaves. 

Suddenly...the change is here and winter is making itself known out in the west.  I really don't put on a happy face at this time of the year as I would rather not face a cold, windy, snowy season.  Nope...not for me.  You can have it and you can keep it.


+++
 
HAPPY IS HE
WHOSE FAULT
IS TAKEN AWAY,
WHO SIN IS COVERED.
HAPPY THE MAN
TO WHOM THE LORD
IMPUTES NOT GUILT
IN WHOSE SPIRIT
THERE IS NO GUILE.
 
Psalm 31: 1-2
 
I guess I should have taken a reading from the Book of Job as that is where most of the daily readings at mass are from.  However, I never was too fond of Old Job...He was such a cry baby.  He was persistent in his petitions to God, though, and kept his covenantial connection with God.  I need to go back and re-read The Book of Job and learn from his sufferings and pleas to God, that if we are faithful we will be be heard by God in His infinite wisdom, and power; that even the just person can suffer while  in this in the world of man-made chaos.
 
 
END













No comments: