Friday, October 12, 2012

THE GIIFT OF GRACES


OK.  It is time to wind down.  The last three days have been
busy for me and it is now time to take a rest.  I think that I will sleep late tomorrow morning.

I took some items to the church vestibule for the pantry.  I didn't take a lot because I don't carry things well anymore.  I will take more items in, but only what I can comfortably carry at a time.
 
I have been shopping.  I need some new cloths.  Most of my cloths have come from the Salvation Army or the Good Will store.  Generally, when you buy from them, they are half worn out or could be damaged.  I decided that a few new cloths would be nice.  I bought two new blouses and some house slippers.  I probably spent more money in the past few days than I have all year.  Well, my spending spree is over, as it must be.  Money does not grow on the tree in my backyard. 

One item,  that I needed, but did not want to buy, is a new clock radio to wake me up in the morning.  The other morning there was a power surge that burned out the clock setting of the radio.  The radio is OK, but now I don't have an alarm.  I will keep the damaged radio as it partially works.  We often have these power surges and I don't know why, but when they occur the mess everything up, esp. clocks and radios...sigh

CHARITY NEVER FAILS,
WHEREAS PROPHECIES
WILL DISAPPEARR
AND TONGUES
WILL CEASE,
AND KNOWLEDGE
WILL BE DESTROYED
FOR WE KNOW
IN PART THAT
WE PROPHESY
IN PART,
BUT THAT WHICH
IS PERFECT HAS
COME,
THAT WHICH IS
IMPERFECT
WILL BE DONE
AWAY WITH.
 
1 Cor. 13: 8-10


 
 
So...my Bible says (in the commentaries)  that the gift of tongues is not for for teaching or preaching, but for the attraction of praising God in a new language.  When I was young I wanted the gift of tongues, but never received it.  I think perhaps I was too inhibited and also too desirous of the gift.  My friends had it and I wanted it. I don't think I fully understood, perhaps not even now, what the gift was meant to be; the praise and glorification of His Holy Name.  Now, as I am older, I know that the gift of tongues is a grace that is not the only way to give homage and honor to God, but one of many graces.  The gift of tongues is no longer a desire for me and has not been for a long time.  In a sense I have "graduated" to a different level of grace, if I can say that.  I think the greatest gift and grace is that of the life we...I...have been granted and the knowledge of God that permits me to say, "I am."  I am not a rock, a tree or a stone unturned.  "I am," a small portion, yet fully allotted  to me, of the Holy Spirit.  God is.  I am.  He is me and I dwell in Him.
 
END
 
 



No comments: