Thursday, October 18, 2012

BREAD AND WINE




I am happy to say that I got a number of things done today.  I did a lot of laundry, drying and hanging up of cloths.  Took some odds&ends of clutter out to the back porch...and killed a couple of spiders.  I know, they are God's creations, but I sent them back to God.  God can have them...I don't want them.

Even if I did get some needed work done in the house there is a lot that I can do and should do.  So, tomorrow after mass I will start a few more little jobs.  I need to get everything buttoned up and ready for winter.  Someone is coming to town and it isn't Saint Nick unless he appears as the bearded lady.  It is just about time for fickle Mother Nature to come sneaking in from her northern frontier castle.  I am not about to lower the drawbridge and let here in.

+++
 
THEY SHALL
BE CONVERTED
THAT SIT
UNDER HIS SHADOW;
THEY SHALL LIVE
UPON WHEAT
AND THEY SHALL
BLOSSOM
AS A VINE;
HIS MEMORIAL
SHALL BE
AS THE WINE
OF LIBANUS
 
Osee 14: 8
***
 
Osee is not commonly referenced, but it is easy to see the poetic alliteration of the bread and wine. Osee was a prophet and dire, as prophets as often are.   Often I pick readings that are not the readings of the day, but are meaningful to me.  To get the fullness of Chapter 14 please go back and read the entire chapter, if possible.
 
Just a side note: I seem to be getting a lot of visitors from Poland, which I love having them to show up in the stats.  The problem I have with this is that I am not sure just how accurate the stats are as the numbers keep changing.
 
If you keep reading, one and all, I will keep posting.
 
END
 


 


 

No comments: