Tuesday, October 16, 2012

MONTH OF MARY

Well,, that was interesting...the debate, that is.  As far as I could tell there wasn't a clear winner in the Presidential debates.  Only losers and that would be...us.

I really overslept this morning.  I took an Ibuprofen last eve. for the sore muscles and I guess it doesn't take much to put me out and under.  ZZZ.

I did get some work done though.  My big job was mowing the back yard.  Yup, I am still mowing in mid-October.  Yup, the grass is still growing; just not as fast. And yes, I irritated my sore muscles, but I'll get over it.

Soon I will need to pull up my tomato plants.  There are a number of green tomatoes trying to ripen so I don't want to yank them just yet.  Each time a tomato is nearly ripe for picking something takes a nice bite and ruins it.  It may be slugs or that pesky squirrel that goes tearing across the backyard.  I wish my neighbor would stop feeding them.

As the weather is about to get cooler again, I will need to start covering my air conditioners.  I do love that duct tape
big plastic bags.  I need to speed up on winterizing.


I have not posted much about the Rosary this year, though I did last October.  October is the Month of Mary when we give honor and homage to the Mother of Christ.  The rosary is a powerful intercessory prayer.  I pray the rosary every day, asking the Blessed Mother to pray for my family members that are not well or in need, and for my friends, too.  No, It is not a substitute for praying to God.  There is only one God, but we offer a respectful tribute to she that was chosen to bear Jesus.  We petition her to pray for us and intercede for us.  All good Mothers will pray for their children and we are the children of God.


So...the month is half over and I have been lazy about posting anything about this being the month of Mary.  I have several rosaries.  One,  my sister brought back to me when she went on tour of Europe and one from a friend who went to Rome about a year ago.  They are both beautiful rosaries, but I continue to use an older, worn one.  Once I had a rosary with water from Lourdes in the beads, but I put it in the hands of my sister-in law when she passed away.  She was very good and special.

+++
 
MY SOUL MAGNIFIES THE LORD
MY SPIRIT REJOICES IN GOD
MY SAVIOR
FOR HE HAS LOOKED
IN FAVOR ON HIS LOWLY
SERVANT
FROM THIS DAY
ALL GENERATIONS
WILL CALL ME BLESSED
THE ALMIGHTY HAS DONE
GREAT THINGS FOR ME
AND HOLY IS HIS NAME
HE HAS MERCY ON THOSE
WHO FEAR HIM
IN EVERY GENERATION
HE HAS SHOWN
THE STRENGTH OF HIS ARM
HE HAS SCATTERED
THE PROUD IN THEIR CONCEIT
HE HAS CAST DOWN
THE MIGHTY FROM THEIR THRONES
AND HAS LIFTED UP THE LOWLY
HE HAS FILLED THE HUNGRY
WITH GOOD THINGS
AND THE RICH HE HAS
SENT AWAY EMPTY
HE HAS COME TO THE HELP
OF HIS SERVANT ISRAEL
FOR HE HAS REMEMBERED
HIS PROMISE OF MERCY
THE PROMISES HE MADE
TO OUR FATHERS
TO ABRAHAM AND HIS
CHILDREN FOR EVER.
 
Luke 1:46-55
 
At first I thought that I might just refer to the Magnificat and tell you where to find it in the Bible because I didn't want to type the whole of it out.  Then, as I thought about it, I remembered that everyone might not have a Bible or  be able to look these verses up.  So I did go ahead and type it in.  I hope it was helpful. 
 

END

 




No comments: