Monday, October 22, 2012

GIFTS OF GRACE REVISITED


Mondays roll around so fast.  And the month will soon roll on and out, too.  Where does the time and the days go?

As I said  I went and got my teeth cleaned so put your sunglasses on while I flash you a gleaming smile.  A Kodak moment?  No!

After my trip to the dentist and the parting of a good chunk of my checking account I decided to go to the Golden Corral and let someone else do the cooking and wash the dishes.  Actually, I have not been there in over a month.  It is out of my way most of the time and on Sundays there isn't any place to park.It is a very popular place.

I am half listening to the debate.  I will be glad when it is over and life as we used to know it might return to a less political state of mis-information, or semi-normal.  I say semi-normal because there isn't any normal anymore.   Read the papers or watch the news and tell me what is normal these days.

I have invited a couple of friends to submit guest articles or essays here.  Whether they accept the invitation or not remains to be seen.  I hope they do write something that I can post herein.

Last night I tried something new for arthritic neck pain.  I tried a generous shot of Brandy in soda.  As I don't drink it went right to my head and made me pretty woozy.  I did sleep well, 'though, but I won't be trying that "cure" anytime soon!  It will be back to Aspirin or Ibuprofen for me, thank you.

I am working on an essay to post  here.  I have a rough draft written out, but I need to think about it a little bit.  You can not imagine how hard it is to write something new or relevant each night.  I keep saying that I will give up on this blog, but I feel a certain obligation to the visitors that come here.  So...I keep on plugging along. 


+++
AIM AT CHARITY
YET STRIVE AFTER
THE SPIRITUAL GIFTS,
BUT ESPECIALLY
THAT YOU MAY
PROPHESY.
FOR HE WHO
SPEAKS IN A TONGUE
DOES NOT SPEAK
TO MEN
BUT TO GOD;
FOR NO ONE
UNDERSTANDS
AS HE IS SPEAKING
MYSTERIES
IN HIS SPIRIT.
 
1 Cor. 14
 
As you know I have written a little bit about speaking in tongues before.  I wanted the gift of tongues when I was younger, but no longer desire it.  Even now, I don't know how I would receive such a great gift.  I don't know how I might cope with it, yet if it ever did come upon me...within me, would I be able to glorify God with such a wondrous touch of the Holy Spirit?  As you have probably noted, I try to write and relate to what little  of the gifts that have been given to me, in a simple, yet comprehensive script. I must admit that I often confound myself and say, "Now where that come from? as I write.  I am rather simplistic in my thinking and certainly not a theologian.  I do the best I can with what I have, and what I have been given, is a gift...a grace.  And yes, God tells me every day that I can and should do better. 
 
END
 
 
Just a note to clarify:  While we receive gifts from the Holy Spirit..not all gifts are the same or in the same perportions.  I guess God offers us what we can handle or are willing and open to  accept and receive.  




 

No comments: