Tuesday, October 16, 2012

WISDOM


OH NO!  I seemed to have sprained a muscle in my right shoulder and neck when I was hauling that big mower about on Saturday.  It is painful, but it is the kind of discomfort that will go away in a few days time.  I would rather know that I have the pain and can offer it up for the suffering of others, than not to be aware or doped up and unaware.  No, I don't like the discomfort, but I can live with it.  Does offering one's pain up alleviate the pain, trails and sufferings of others?  Christ did it.  And my aches and boo boos are such little things, that I should, too.

Someone that I know very well blames all the troubles of the world on everyone else other than...."self" and states that "self" has a right to be "bitter." Bad things and troubles happen to the best and the worst of people.  Bitterness is not a "right."  It is a choice. No one ever said that life would be all fun and games, that tears would never flow or the heart would go unbroken.  I get angry and frustrated at times, but I chose not to be bitter.  Bitterness never helps anyone or solves problems, or repairs relationships or families.  Bitterness only destroys.  I chose to build rather than mire myself in bitterness.  Build with me, if you will.You will be a lot happier.

I guess I really don't have anything very interesting to write about.  I stayed home and didn't do much.  I guess on Tuesday I should get busy and get some things done.  Also, I think that I will watch the debates in the evening.  That should be "entertaining."

+++
 
WHEN I WAS YOUNG
AND INNOCENT
I SOUGHT WISDOM
BEFORE ALL ELSE.
IN PRAYER
I BEGGED FOR HER,
AND FROM MY YOUTH
I FOLLOWED
AFTER HER.
 
Sirach 51: 13-14
***
This is a short excerpt.  If you can, read more of Ch. 51.  Wisdom does not come to everyone.  We can be just as foolish in our old age as we were in our youth.  Wisdom does not come easily, either. It is usually acquired in the school of hard knocks, trial and error, and adversity.  They are not such fun lessons, but often a painfull and memorable.  Yes, sometimes wisdom hurts, but you are better for it.
 
THE WISDOM TREE
IS ALSO THE
TREE OF LIFE

   
 


END

No comments: