Tuesday, October 2, 2012

LIGHT IN DARKNESS

It was another day of cool rain and misting.  The temperature stayed less than 60 degrees so I put on a sweater.  I had to go to the eye doctor to have my pressure checked.  I have to go every three months and I am religious about it.  This time the pressure was up so I have to go back next week and get rechecked.  OK, so I will as maintaining my vision is very inportant to me.

After I got back from the appointment I put on a sweatshirt for a little warmth.  It is cool and damp in the house and I am determined not to turn on the heat until November.  I don't look forward to paying heating bills for six months.  For six months you pay to cool your house: they get you coming and going, don't they.

I think that I will do some rearranging of furniture and the computer after I get home from mass tomorrow.  I will have more light and room if I move things around a bit. I will see.

+++
 
THE LAMP
OF THE BODY
IS THE EYE.
IF THY EYE
IS SOUND
THY WHOLE
BODY WILL BE
FULL OF LIGHT.
BUT IF THY EYE
IS EVIL
THY WHOLE BODY
WILL BE FULL
OF DARKNESS.
THEREFORE,
IF THE LIGHT
THAT IS IN THEE
IS DARKNESS,
HOW GREAT
IS THE DARKNESS
ITSELF!
 
Matt.6: vs 22
 
***
 
 
Old Matthew wrote a paradox here.  How can there be light in darkness?  I have heard that you can see a person's soul in their eyes.  As I think about it, there is a little light in all of us and a lot of darkness in many of us.  As the scripture says, "Do not hide your lamp under a basket."  That is a paraphrase, not a accurate quote, but close.   So...let your light shine, drive away the darkness and be a beacon for others to safely follow.
 
 
END
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments: