Saturday, October 20, 2012

THE SHEEP AND THE WOLVES



It was cold and windy today and I don't like cold and windy.  I don't like hot and humid very much either.  OH, picky me.

I was going to go shopping today, but I didn't want to do that either.  OH, lazy me.  Well, I don't really need to go shopping so I stayed in.

I find that on week-ends there are not a lot of visitors to this blog...OH, there are some, so I am thinking of not posting on Saturdays as well as Sundays.  People are out doing other things which is good.  People need to be out and doing other interesting activities. 

I have been pulling some long sleeved blouses out of the closet in anticipation icy fingers of wrath which predicted to descend upon sometime later next week.  Go away, icy fingered fiend.
 

Monday is a trip to the dentist for the cleaning of teeth.  I don't like that either, but I want to keep my teeth so that "I can take them with me."

I made some dumplings tonight.  I had a desire for comfort food.  I have made better dumplings, but I will eat them.  Other than that it has been very quiet and uneventful.  Good.  I like it that way.

+++
 
BEHOLD,
I AM SENDING
YOU FOURTH
LIKE SHEEP
IN THE MIDDLE
OF WOLVES.
BE THEREFORE
WISE AS SERPENTS,
AND GUI LESS AS DOVES.
BUT BEWARE OF MEN;
FOR THEY WILL
DELIVER YOU
UP TO COUNCILS
AND SCOURGE YOU
IN THEIR
SYNAGOGUES.
 
Matt. 10: 16-17
 
 
****
 
A truism then and a truism now.  We need to be aware of who and what we are, esp. now.  There is such a rapid change all around the globe in cultures, traditions, beliefs and religions that real "scourgings" may come upon us if we are not diligent where we tread.  Be careful where you put your feet for the serpent is alive and well; not necessaraly the one imparting wisdom.  Yes, there are wolves at the door looking for sheep and gentle doves.  Beware and prudent in all things.
 
 
 END


No comments: