Monday, October 29, 2012

LIGHT AND LAUGHTER! GOT SOME?


I must say that I have not given much thought to this bog today.  I have been glued to the weather channel because most of my family live on the east coast...and yes, they are "catching it" from the storm.  Most of them have lost power and they have wind and flooding along the Delaware.  So far I know that there have been roofs blown off and tress down.  They seem to be riding the storm out, so far.  I hope and pray that they and all will come out unscathed.

Locally we have had some wind, but with bright sunlight and tomorrow it will be the same.  I need to be out tomorrow so I hope that it stays that way.

REJOICE ALWAYS.
PRAY WITHOUT
CEASING.
IN ALL THINGS
GIVE THANKS;
FOR THIS IS
THE WILL OF GOD
IN JESUS CHRIST
REGARDING YOU ALL.
DO NOT EXTINGUISH
THE SPIRIT.
 
2 Thessalonians 5:16-20
 
***
 
Rather than finding life, events and situations to rejoice about, sorrow, misery, doubts, losses, wants and desires, seem to take precedence in so many of of us.  I have my days of "O Poor Me," too, but not too often.  I do try to overcome such deprecations of life.  There is no value in such a state of mind unless you...or I, can learn and benifit from such indulgences within the soul of me...and thee.  I try to be happy and pray always, and open myself to the spirit.  I am not always successful, but I try to give it good "go."
 
Here is something strange:  I often wake up in the night in prayer, perhaps because I go to bed in prayer.  Even stranger..I often wake up laughing.  If I could just remember what was so funny I think I could write a good book!  A silly prayer I say at mass is: "Fill my heart with light and laughter, Lord."  I have to admit that I just wouldn't want it to happen in church!  Does anyone have a silly prayer that they pray?
 
END
 




No comments: