Monday, April 20, 2009

Bargins

I've been to the grocery store to buy some bargains that were advertised. I got 5 packages of bacon for five dollars. The packages were 12 ounces rather than 16 ounces, but that is still a good buy and already in the freezer. Maybe the oinkers didn't think so,but it to late for them to curls their tails and protest. Also, Chef Boy Arde' cans of pasta were were $5.00 for 5, marked down from $1.69, so I got 10 cans and mixed the varieties. Large cans of smoke flavored baked beans were also 5 for 5. I should have bought more than 5 cans, so I may go get more tomorrow. You know how I like those baked beans simmered in whiskey! The one thing I really needed was a package of TP; can't run out of that!

I am trying to wean the little feathered furies from eating constantly and wasting more than I put in the feeder. I pulled the feeder out so they learn to hunt, peck and scratch, which they are doing anyway in the paper shreds. After I got home I put the feeder box back in and it was an instant wild chicken rush for the box. They acted like the were starving and I was only gone a couple hours. It was a Frantic Feather stampede, really hilarious. BTW, eggs at the store were about $I.70 or thereabout, depending on which ones you bought.

My sister sent me a box of homemade candy eggs. I am trying to discipline myself, but it is hard. I try to eat only 1 per day..but I have a sweet tooth and I cheat and sometimes eat two.

No comments: