Thursday, April 16, 2009

Weary

There are days when I am tired and do not want to write a word and this a weary day for me. I had to get up early and feed the chicks before going to Evansville. Chicks are like little babies; you have to take proper care of them no matter what's on the agenda. I didn't get home until just before 3 PM..so I had to make sure they had enough to eat before I left...just like little kids.

I took fried chicken in to the home where they took care of me after my boo boo and I couldn't do it(care for) myself. I made baked beans to take over which turned out really good. The corn bread didn't turn out as well. I guess the pan was to large for the mix. It wasn't terrible, but it was not my best effort in cooking. Remember, this is the home where I had worked for 32 years, so I sort of owed them some kind of tribute for thier care. Of course, they enjoyed fried chicken.

I don't know how I will get the wee feathered ones from the back store room to their new coop when it is finished. Do you think they will follow me like little chickie-dogs? The roosters are not afraid of my big feet because the get under foot. I have found that old coffee grounds help to keep the chicken poop odor down and they love to play in the shredded newspaper. I just fed them again and that is it for this day.

As noted I am tired and will go to bed early tonight. I have been falling asleep on the couch every day around 4:30 and missing the show I want to watch. Must be an age thing.

END

No comments: