Saturday, April 11, 2009

SHOPPING

Well, I have been out spending my money, but not foolishly. Rural King is having a sale on Chicken Scratch and bedding. The bedding is made of ground corn cobs. I had shredded a lot of old bills and ads/flyer's and paper to toss in the chick pen, too. They seem to like the shredded paper and are pecking it to see if it taste good. The chicks have decided that the paper pieces make a good place to snuggle under the heat lamp, too. Chuck, the handyman is outside building a chicken coop right now. It looks like it may be built stronger than my house! He has corrugated metal for the roof and a real door. He built the nesting boxes last week. It's good that he will have it done soon as the little mess makers are already learning to roost on top of a big box.

I did save 10% when I went out to the farm store. That came to $15.00, so you can tell where my money is going. Too bad it is just a one day 10% off sale. People must have a few dollars to spend because they had plenty of customers. One old gentleman had a coupon for $00.50 cents off on the item he wanted to buy. One person said he could use both the coupon and the 10% off deal at the same time and the cashier said he couldn't. I don't know how it worked out.

On the way home from shopping I stopped at Wendy's and got a Frosty. I promptly got a tooth ache. Well, I have a dentist appointment coming up in May...a good thing, I guess...

END

No comments: