Monday, April 13, 2009

PROGESSING

The chicken house is coming along quickly. It is made of mostly recycled materials. It has a recycled corrugated metal roof and sides. I have an old screen door that is being used for the chicken run. A good used door is being used for the hen house itself. A few new items had to be acquired , but even the old spring hinges are being used on the old screen door. Chicken wire is one thing I don't have and will have to be bought at the farm store. Once the old metal roof and siding are painted the whole structure will look pretty good and be very solid.

The little chickens are growing very fast. Some are a bit too brave and try to rush the door when I go to feed them. I can just hear them thinking, "This way to freedom, boys. Follow us!" The rooster is going to be a big boy, already twice as big as his harem. I think he might make a good Thanksgiving "Turkey."

I went to Wal-Mart to get ant traps and totally forgot them. The problem is that Wal-Mart is way too big and there is just too much to look at. At least I found a place to park today.

The cabbage in the garden is doing well, thus far. The beans are peaking their heads just out of the dirt. All the rain was good for them. The lettuce should appear next and soon. It is still too early/cold for some seeds to go into the ground, but it won't be long before the rest of the garden is in.

Last eve. my lap top did something odd. I couldn't get it to shut down. I wasn't blogging, just reading about chickens and stuff. Finally got it to shut down, but don't know how. I was afraid it was about to crash and I already went through that once. Once was more than enough. Those little chicks tire me out and I am yawning so it is time to end even though it is early in the even.

END

No comments: