Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wiskey 'n Beans

I'm making baked beans. I make mine a bit differently than the rest of the world. I put at least 1/2 cup of whiskey in the pot along with the regular ingredients of molasses, ham and sugar. I top it off with a few slices of bacon for good measure. Cook 'til I think it is done or to my taste. Pretty good. By the way, the whiskey will cook off; you won't get pie eyed.

The farm store is out of chicken wire...sold out. So, it will be a few days before the chicken run is finished. That's OK because it is still too cold for the chicks to go outside and we haven't caught the critters yet.

Odd as it may seem, I have two cook stoves, side by side. I like electric for cooking in the hot season and gas for when the weather is cold and damp. However, I think gas wins out for baking and any major cooking or large meals. It seems like electric ovens take forever.

I have been watching The Tea Parties on TV. We can be proud that all those crowds of Americans protesting or trying to be heard by our government, have assembled without bloodshed or violence. We are generally a nation of reason and law bidding citizens. Now, doesn't that make you proud? Does me. Go America!!!

END

No comments: