Monday, April 27, 2009

CHARACTER

What kind of character do you have? I have a character right across the ally. He is 7 years old. He is a non-stop talker and rattles along faster than a miniature machine gun. I don't understand half of what he says and I am sure he is giving me some of the family secrets, but I let him jabber away all he wants.

He has discovered "chickens" and has set up a lawn chair right across the service ally so he can watch the little chickens fly. He wants to know when they will start to lay eggs. I think he is expecting an emanate appearance of eggs and is keeping vigil for their arrival. He has a bit of await. In the meantime he is talking my ears off.

Fifteen years ago his uncle Josh was climbing over my fence and chasing my pet ducks. Looks like Little Jabber bBox will soon being the same thing. His Grandmother, who is raising him, isn't so enamored with the chickens, but she let him hang out with the chicks. In ten years he will be doing the same thing: hanging out with the chicks.

I went the farm store to get green peppers. Oooops, I made a mistake. They are hot peppers. Well, they are planted, anyway. My taters in a bucket are sprouting. I think I will do another bucket. Potatoes do not do well here because of the heavy clay soil so I thought I might try to grow them in a bucket or two. I got really good buckets from the barbecue place for 50 cents a piece and they have been just laying around.

I bought another waterer for the chickens because the waterier they have heats up in the daytime. The new waterer is inside the coop where it is cooler. The chicks, which are mostly beyond chick stage, seem to like their condo. They took to roosting right away. They went nuts over worms, grass and grubs. What a laugh they are, chasing each other trying to steal a little morsel.

We are supposed to get some rain tonight. It will be just in time to water the garden. If it doesn't rain...as they keep predicting...I will go get some more peppers..the sweet kind.

I made onion/potato soup today from a large volunteer onion and odds and ends of leftovers. Its a little thin(too much liquid), but very flavorful. I tend to experiment when cooking and hope for the best.

END

No comments: