Thursday, April 30, 2009

GREEN LAND

The rain came and the garden is taking off. The lettuce and radishes are peeking their little green heads above the dirt and a few Lima beans are sneaking up here and there. I can't wait for a good BLT.. I guess I better get some tomato plants in or let Chuck get them in for me. His cabbage is growing well, too.. I am looking froward to bucket potatoes later in the season.

I spent too much time looking for the chuck to my drill. I know I have it somewhere, but may have to buy another until I find it. That is what happens when you don't put things away properly. I have lots of empty peanut cans so I will start seperating screws, nuts, bolts and nails. I have been just tossing stuff into a box. I am too sloppy about my tools..or maybe too forgetful.

I would like to hang some hooks in the backroom to hang my electric cords on. I have 4 nice hooks that I saved from a cloths tree. It was forever falling over, cloths and all. I decommissioned it and saved the hooks and screws. I think I can drill new holes using both hands...if I can just find the chuck and put a smaller bit on the drill.

Chuck came and mowed the yard just before the rain came down again. My yard looks like an island in a sea of grass and weeds. My neighbors do not mow very often or ever. I had Chuck put the grass catcher on and put a load of chopped grass into the chicken run. Happy little creatures, were they. They soon had it scratched up and spread all over like a nice green carpet.
It smelled nice, too. This is the first night that I will not close them in and hope for the best.

My arm is still bothering me from my attempt to start the mower yesterday. I won't try that again. It is just that I want to get things done and now have to wait on others. If you have spent your life doing stuff when you wanted and not relying on people to come and do things according to their time scheduling...well, darn!

This a night I think I will go to bed early. Rainy weather is good sleeping weather. I won't have to get up early to let the chickens out either because they will allready be able to get into the run and hunt bugs.

No comments: