Friday, May 1, 2009

PIT BULLS

I wanted to get chickens last year, but didn't because of the Pit Bull that lived right next door. It would charge the fence trying to intimidate me and it did. I was afraid to go out into my own back yard. I felt like a prisoner in my own home and only went out after they went to work at noon and locked the dog in the house. It was never on a chain: it should have been. That dog is not there now. I haven't seen it in a few months. I guess when his girlfriend left him she took the dog and the car.

Last eve. my neighbor across the street was walking her small, mix-bred dog and a Pit bull shot out of the alley and attacked her dog. They had to put her little dog down. I swear that if it had happened anywhere near me I would have shot and killed that *%#@*&* animal. She came over tonight and is still crying and heartbroken. The so-called caretaker has hidden the dog..says he doesn't know where it is..he was just taking care of it for someone else. Yeah, right.

It could have attacked any of the little kids that roam up and down the street on foot or bicycle. Anyyone that has a Pit Bull will swear that it is not the dog, but how they are raised. This particular Pit Dog was trained to attack. When the so-called caretaker commanded the dog to drop Sparky and snapped his fingers, the animal immediately let the mangled dog go. Too late.. Way too late.

My neighborhood used to be a very quite area. The older people have died off or moved away. Now, the once calm streets here are crawling with druggies and undesirable two footed predators. That is why I keep a pistol. Yes, it is registered and I have a licence to carry. "Don't Tread on Me."

I got up early and went out to feed the chickens. They get wildly excited when they see me coming with the blue coffee can. They know just what is in the can and try to eat out of the can before I have a chance to pour the feed into their feeders. Bad little chickens. I keep telling them I am going to have them for supper. They just cock their heads and give the "chicken eye" which is to say, "Really?"

My sister has planted horseradish. I think I will try to find some roots to plant , also. I will check on Freecycle to see if anyone has some to give away. My Mother used to grind wild horseradish for my father. He liked spicy food occ. and loved Limburger cheese, as well.

It will rain most of the week according to the weather forecast. It is a lot cooler and a bit windy. My nose wants to run in this damp air. I must have kissed a pig.(not)

1 comment:

d.a. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbor's dog being mauled to death. I hope the pit bull's owner is caught out.