Friday, May 22, 2009

No Buts

It's cloudy today, but that's OK because it is also warm out and the clouds cut the sunshine enough to make it comfortable.

I have been washing cloths, folding cloths and doing all things laundry-like. I put a teaspoon of baking soda in the washing machine to help soften the water. I don't use all the bleach recommended on the bleach bottle, either. I use about a 1/3 cup of bleach to a load and that seems to be enough to get the job done.

Sears told me the knob for my washer would be in "in about 5 or 6 days" and that was almost two weeks ago. What ever happened to good service?

I have been looking for my sun tea jar. I think it may be in the back room..or maybe I gave that to the Salvation Army, too. My coffee maker died and went to Java Land, but I have another. I can't complain because I got that coffee maker at the Goodwill Store about two years ago and only paid $1.50 for it. But(never start a sentence with a "but" or an "and")...but I liked it; no buts about it.

I am starting to use lettuce from the garden. I was picking some yesterday when I felt something pick at the lettuce I was holding in my other hand. It was one of the chickens following me down the row trying to steal my lettuce. Yes, I let them out again yesterday. Had a time getting them back in. Today they are feeling the heat and they were breathing through their open becks. I came out with fresh water for them and they were all over me, trying to get to it. It was a lot cooler than what they had.

Big brother had his surgery and is recuperating. He did have some problems while on the table. His B/P dropped out, but is now improving. Hope he continues to get better. He is 77 years old and it was a pretty serious spinal surgery. It is odd to think of Harry getting old because he was always strong and healthy.

I have one last piece of cake left. I'm gonna go eat it. Then it is diet time.

END

No comments: