Saturday, May 30, 2009

Body Weight

Some body weight is good. Today I put mine to good use. I pulled out the lawn mower and tied a string around the control bar and grabbed the starter rope with my bad arm. Instead of trying to pull the starter rope I held on fast and turned and threw my body weight into the needed tug. And that worked. I had tried to start the mower before , but couldn't do it. I just hurt my arm instead. Not to say my arm isn't hurting today because it is stiffening up even now, but I got the back yard mowed. Not as neat as a pin, but better. I don't believe I can get the trimmer started so it remains slightly raggedy along the edges. I didn't try to do the front yard. I will try that another day.

Working hard in the yard caused me to sweat a lot and maybe shed a couple pounds. However, it also increased my appetite. When I came in I made two tuna sandwiches and inhaled both of them. I guess all my pores are flushed out and my sinuses, too.

Because my arm is stiffening quickly I wanted to get this post written. I have another kettle of mixed greens to package into small freezer bags. That should give me six in the freezer. I did run out to the Dollar Store and buy some more along with a few other items. No candy or cookies...I looked the other way and got just what I intended to buy.

I let all the chickens out last eve. and let them roam the yard. The mosquitoes are out now and I was hoping they would dispose of a few. When it got dark they went "home" like good little chickens.

No Post on Sunday......End

No comments: