Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Late, but present

Well, I am late today. I got up early and fed the chickens and of course one zipped by my feet before I could stop it. I tried for a while the get her back in, but Plucky Clucky was adamant about staying out. I finally gave up and went about my business. Plucky Clucky will be ready to return to the flock on her terms, not mine.

I went to see Star Trek, the movie this afternoon. It is a pretty good movie. Go see it. I have always been a Star Trek fan. I went knowing the Plucky Clucky was still out and was fair game for a bushy tailed, slinky predator cat. I can't spend hours and hours chasing flying feathers trying to save Plucky from a fate worse than the dinner plate.

Just as I got home the little guy from across the alley came running up to tell me the chickens were out. However, it was the one escapee and she was happy to get back into the run. After all, she didn't have water most of the day and she wanted to get back in with the other bad Chickies. I had the feed and in she flew, happy to be with the gang.

Now, the little guy from across the alley comes up with some tall tales. He told me he works for the government and they pay him .50 cents an our. He said he had a GPS on everybody, including me. He said the lady that walks her dog up the alley told him that I worked for the government, too. He has quiet an imagination. Right about then the mosquitoes started coming out in dive bomber squadron forces. When the vampire bugs come out, I come in.

I also went to the Red Lobster for lunch. It is one of my favorite places to eat. I have not been there for several months so I enjoyed the day. It was yummy.

Go see a movie..go out to eat..you only go 'round once.

P.S. Big brother has serious spinal surgery in the morning of Wednesday.

END

No comments: