Saturday, May 16, 2009

NO POST SUNDAY

I didn't get much done yesterday other than running around town having chicken snit fits. I haven't accomplished much today, either. Well, I wanted to get online before the next thunder bumper comes roaring through. The chickens wanted to get out and forage in the yard, but after getting drenched twice yesterday I decided they would have to be content with feed and water.

I have been making a big pitcher of iced tea. My niece was telling me how she bought green tea to help her diet. It never made me skinny. If she wants to lose weight she should get out and chase a few ornery feathered fiends.

My brother in Texas called last night to tell me how to process woodchuck skin to send to him. He told me to fry the tail and it would taste just like chicken. I don't think so, big brother, I don't think so. I will send HIM the tail. Big brother likes the SurvivorLady's blog. He thought it was mine. It is not. I read hers, but most of what she writes about is from online research. Research is good, but no substitute for experience. I have no quarrel with her blogs because any knowledge is better than no knowledge and she making an effort to share.

I have been trying to set up my "all in one printer." I think it was fried by one of our famous Ben Franklin storms. I have lost several printers this way even with surge protectors and no one wants to repair them. I wish I knew how.

I went out and took several pictures with my cheap throw away camera. I don't know how they will turn out. I have two old scanners that would probably scan the prints into the documents file and I could upload them from there...I think.

My one neighbor mowed his yard yesterday. As he rents the house out the renter really should have done the mowing. I think Mr. reed intended to cut the lawn, but he is 80 years old. The renter has two mowers on his porch. They will never wear out from over use.

The other neighbor to the left has not mowed or removed the trash heap. How they get by with this and I get a letter form the city about chickens is beyond me.

I would like to get in touch with the local Tea Party members. I'll bet they would help me fight city hall. Or display a show of force in numbers...maybe.

I need to get some things done so I will stop here.

END

No comments: