Saturday, May 23, 2009

NOTHING ON A SUNDAY

I've been out in the garden picking salad greens, lettuce, spinach, small Swiss Chard, mustard greens and even radish tops. I brought the greens in and run them through my handy, dandy salad spinner. I like that little gizmo as it is hand powered, cleans up easily and does a good job. I guess most gardeners have one, but even if your not into all things organic and buy your salad in a plastic bag that was shipped in from who can guess where, the are a neat hand appliance to have around. I also have one of those Vidalia Food Choppers. They are OK, but a bit harder to clean. They make good salads easier to prepare, too. A hard lesson learned is that they don't make very good meat choppers and take forever to clean as meat will will stick in every little cutting square.

There is always "one" who thinks he is bigger, smarter, faster and more daring than the other Hen House Critters. And that "one" is the big, red rooster that can skitter out the door faster than little greased piggies. Yes, the same one that decided my knee would be a good place to perch. Of course, he got out out again this morning. Well, I'm not chasing anymore. I waited until he decided he wanted back in; after all that is where the feed, water, and his cronies were hanging out and having a dust bath. When he got hot, thirsty and tired, he started to strut his stuff in front of the door. I opened the door and shooed him back in.

The beautiful weather will turn into a more seasonal climate in the next few days, hot, rainy and humid. I hope to plant some more radish seeds in the shade today. The very few that came up are hot. If I can get them in today it should rain tonight. My bucket potatoes are blooming. I will be eager to see how they produce. If they do well I will plant all summer.

Big Brother continues to recover. They get him up in a chair and he now is feeding himself. He does need a back brace at this time. His B/P is still fluctuating, but his heart is stable. He remains in a Neuro Critical Care Unit.

That's all for this day unless Obama resigns to become a preacher for the NWO.(isn't that what he is doing anyway...LOLS)

END

No comments: